1.25.2009

movies and cabin fever

There hasn't been too much going on in Juneau this past week. I have been going stir crazy. This no car situation is killing me. Especially when I have a car--one for which I still have monthly payments--sitting in Wisconsin. grrr.

Joe and I saw a couple movies this week. We were limited to the two movies showing in downtown Juneau: Valkyrie and Gran Torino. I like the story of Valkyrie; but, I hate Tom Cruise. So, all in all, a decent movie. I loved Gran Torino. Despite his age, Clint Eastwood is still the man. The movie could be easily criticized for some cliches and a simplistic plot line. However, not every movie needs to qualify for an Oscar to be a great movie (e.g., Fletch Lives). This was great. I cried. Joe said one isn't supposed to cry in a Clint Eastwood movie. I say "pish posh."

It looks like Joe now has the Thursday shifts at the bar. It's a great shift, with pool and poker leagues. Lots of nice folks to fill the tiny bar. As promised, below are a couple pictures of the lovely little watering hole.




I have found blogging to be very therapeutic. It demands of me some time for reflection. Thinking back on this week, I realized, as stated above, that I've been feeling stir crazy. I also realized that I have been feeling preoccupied with work. The latter I chose to omit; no sense in going in to details with the job. Just a lot of very new things all at once. I was just sharing this realization with Joe and he suggested that all three of us go on a walk around town and down to the channel. I think that's a fantastic idea. A nice way to close out the weekend and address my negative emotions. Points for Joe!

1 comment:

  1. I have been following you from the beginning. It's amazing to feel how very proud and happy I am for you and at the same time miss you so very much. Your new home is absolutely breathtaking. Enjoy! Things are crazy busy here--as they should be with two active kids. They have been reading about you too, and they miss you as well. Maybe someday we can visit your new home, but until then, I really like hearing about it from you. Take care, and tell Joe hello. With my love.

    ReplyDelete