1.02.2009

the beginning has begun...

That first full day in town, our lives as lords and ladies of Juneau began! With our castle over our heads and the town at our disposal, Joe and I were all smiles. I do believe, however,that Kiwi had us both beat! Just look at that grin.


That afternoon, Joe and I walked all over downtown Juneau. It's small enough that we circled the area a few times.


We walked down our street in town,


up Juneau "sidewalks",


past totemic faces,


and down to the channel,


where we saw bald eagles


and snow-capped mountains.


Beats any meditation. Perfectly at ease. Calm. Home.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Is that Russia in the distance? Sorry-- I don't mean to be snarky. It's just that you guys are at 12 degrees, and we're at zero. How the hell does that work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very beautiful!! But, from now on, I'm only making you scarves for Christmas!! It just looks SO cold!!! I'll send you pictures from Miami when I move there after grad school ;) !! I hope all is well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bald eagles! That's incredible. So are those icy "sidewalks"!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Nikki, I still can't believe this! Your town looks beautiful, but very cold! Let me know if you need a "care package." I will get busy putting one together for you. Have fun and take care!

    ReplyDelete