1.18.2009

honors, glaciers and sunshine!

I appeared before the court last week. Just arraignments; nothing too big. I was very happy to finally get my feet wet. It went really well! No silly mistakes. When I said those first words, "Your Honor," they came out loud, steady and clear. Once they were spoken, my anxiety transitioned into excitement. I suppose it probably takes some narcissistic tendencies to enjoy one's self in such a setting. I had so much fun in the courtroom, confidently demanding the attention of such a revered figure. I hope that the adrenaline does not fade too much with time. I can't believe I get paid to do this!

Joe and I went "out the road" to the glacier this afternoon. It was a gorgeous day. Sunshine, blue skies and warm breezes. It reached about 60 degrees. We took the bus to a mile and a half before the glacier.


Walked down the road.


And right up to the glacier!


Oops... a little too close!


umm... too far...


There we go! Perfect!

How cool is that!? And did you know there are orangutans in Alaska? I didn't either. Craziness. Oh, wait, that's just Joe.


Neat stuff! All in our backyard.

p.s. If you click on the pictures in this entry, you will access the actual size. Make sure to do this at least for the panoramic shot. It's worth it! I just got lucky that clicking enlarges these photos. That hasn't worked for the past couple entries. If anyone can offer some rhyme or reason to this, do tell!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Nikki! I am so glad to see that you are enjoying life! I love these pictures! They are beautiful! Call me!

    ReplyDelete