2.17.2009

breathe



The past two weeks have been a lovely whirlwind. It is hard to believe that we have been living in Alaska for two months. If the time flies this quickly at my age now, I cannot conceive how fast it must pass when I am as mature as my parents. ("Mature." hah. Mom and Dad will laugh at that one!)

Joe began a new job just over a week ago. He plans to remain available as a substitute at our highly-praised watering hole. The new job, however, promises to keep him very busy. He is working at the fancy hotel in town. It seems ideal for a number of reasons. To name a few: the hotel is on the same block as our apartment complex; he likes his coworkers; and, it pays. He is happy.

I am enjoying my work. The caseload is manageable. My coworkers are wonderful company. I am learning so much everyday. It is sometimes overwhelming and always rewarding. I am lucky to have such a satisfying career right out of law school. I count my lucky stars for this opportunity. What would I have done if I made it all the way through law school--expending so much mentally, temporally and financially--only to discover it was not what I wanted after all? I could not have known what to expect. This, however, was certainly beyond all expectations. I am happy.

Life is good. Now we just need to remind ourselves to reflect upon and appreciate our lives during our busy times. To breathe.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Sweetie!
    It sounds like you are starting to get settled in. You have time to "breathe!" I am so glad that you are enjoying your life now ~~ you deserve it.

    And to make you feel like time flies even faster, do you realize that spring officially arrives in about three weeks? :) I am looking forward to that day! Call me sometime, I would love to chat!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete